Benefits of Vertical Blinds
Vertical Blinds work great for large windows and sliding glass doors. Sometimes it can be difficult to know which vertical blind is the best. We decided to leave it up to our customers to give us their highest-rated vertical blinds. Vertical blinds are beneficial in that they’re suitable for sliding doors, they’re a great alternative to drapes, they block more light, they’re easy to clean, and they add a unique style to your home. Horizontal blinds are advantageous since they’re the standard in many homes, they have fewer moving parts, they’re quiet, and are a good solution for narrow or tall windows. Vertical blinds in particular have come a very long way in the last ten to twenty years.
- They’re ideal for sliding doors and wide windows. While traditional horizontal blinds can be custom-made to fit sliding doors and wide windows, they simply aren’t practical in many instances. Vertical blinds are much better fits, as they’re easily opened and closed and can cover even the widest windows and doors.
- They’re easy to clean. In addition to not collecting as much dust as horizontal blinds, vertical blinds are easier to clean because they’re made from two materials that are highly resistant to moisture: PVC and faux wood. That means more cleaning products can be used without worrying about colors fading or staining.
- They block more light. Vertical blinds have much larger slats and are much wider than horizontal blinds, which means that a single vertical blind can block more sunlight than even the largest custom horizontal blinds.
- Cleaning your blinds is a pain, but it’s not a job you can afford to skip. Dust and dirt can settle on your blinds without proper cleaning, detracting from the appearance of this home accessory. What’s worse is that a buildup of grime might affect how well your blinds work. Fortunately, cleaning your vertical blinds is far less of a struggle than you may realize. You just clean each slat from top to bottom, rather than from side to side. You might need a step stool if your blinds are particularly tall, but since the blinds sit aside one another you’ll clearly be able to tell when each slat is clean.
- When you accent your home with vertical blinds, you’re making a unique choice that certainly grabs attention. You may find that the new blinds immediately transform the look of a room in your home, be that the living room, den, home office, or bedroom.
The structure of a vertical blind is easy to understand and replicate. The blind requires a hook to hang on and a hole to hang it on. If the hole has been compromised, it’s easy to make a new one. Simply turn the blind upside down and use a hole punch to create a new hole. Then, patch up the bottom of the blind with white tape and call it a day.
Give us a call today at 619-777-8867. Also, make sure to like us on Facebook! We’d love to be a part of your next home renovation project!